Calvados is one of the best-kept secrets in the world of fine spirit. This unique French apple brandy is carefully distilled from dry cider made from special apple varieties, aged in French oak barrels then blended and bottled for the connoisseur.
This award winning book is a first in comprehensive reporting on the delicate apple brandy called Calvados.
- All the facts, details and background combined with beautiful pictures and illustrations
- The fascinating story; its myths and secrets
- The different types of Calvados, how they are made and what they taste like
- How to taste, judge, and enjoy this unique spirit
- A phone and address directory of the producers complete with a map
- Tasting notes, food and cigar pairing
- Drinks, recipes and a gastronomic tour guide are included.
Winner of the Gourmand World Cookbook
Awards 2004. In the category - Best Wine Book Best Spirits and other Drinks Book for Book in English - Rest of the World
In this book, Henrik Mattson discovers the fascinating world of calvados. Together with Olle Mattson (yes, it is a son and father team), he travelled the area of Normandy, took photos and notes, visited distilleries, tasted calvados and talked to producers. Henrik used to work as a chef but found it much more relaxing to write about food, wine and spirits instead.
" we hope you enjoy this book and find it useful. We wish you many joyful moments with delicious calvados" - Henrik and Olle Mattson